Madsen Modern's consignment service includes the following:
- Professionally detail your furniture
- Photograph it in our studio
- Store it in our warehouse
- Market it to a national audience through Madsen Modern
- Made it available for viewings by local buyers
- Answer sales inquiries
- Expertly manage delivery/shipping
- Promptly issue you a check for your proceeds once we've been paid by the buyer
Our consignment payout is 60% of the net sales price. Our business model is well constructed to ensure that you get a good return on your consignment.
Our online store enables us to sell to buyers all over the country, which means we can (and regularly do) sell to customers in the big markets like New York and L.A. and everywhere in between. While those customers can't see the items before they buy them, our studio photography, written descriptions, impeccable reputation and attentive customer service give them confidence that they can trust us. Because our store is online, we don't face the same kind of space constraints that lead other dealers to aggressively discount consigned items in order to make room for the next thing. We can afford to be patient to find the right buyer for a special piece. And for Seattle-area customers we function much like a regular brick-and-mortar shop, regularly opening our warehouse by appointment so customers can see the furniture in person.